Well hello there! Long time no talk.
Sorry this week has been a little crazy. (Sometimes I feel like I say that every week, maybe I should say crazy month instead. ) I thought Gabriella had a possible ear infection. Whenever she would nurse, she would tug on her ears. I figured it was just part of the teething process or maybe she was just discovering her ears…OR that it was an ear infection. She had no other symptoms, but I wanted to get her checked out just in case.
I took her to the doctor this morning, and everything went well. She is A-OK! Yay!
…and right back to her old self.
I knew she was probably fine, but it makes this Momma feel better to know that she really is ok.
This past weekend Gabriella had a special visitor.
We flew Craig’s Mom in for a long weekend for her mother’s day present. We knew it would be the perfect present, since I know she loves seeing Gabriella…and living in Maryland they don’t get to see her often, other than through Skype.
We had a really fun time having her here, and Gabriella showed her all of the things that she has been up to lately. Like playing in her new kiddie pool…
Swinging at the park (probably her very favorite thing right now)…
Jumping in her Jumperoo, (<—LOVES that thing…and life saving for Mommy )
Rooting for the Orioles, (in Craig’s Jim Palmer shirt from when he was a baby)
& of course watching other kids at the pool.
She LOVES watching other children. It’s the cutest thing. She will just stare at them, smile, laugh & coo. I have a feeling we have a little social butterfly on our hands.
On Saturday we watched the Preakness and we all picked our horses. Gabriella even chose one, Mylute, who ended up coming in third! Girl has gambling in her blood.
I also attempted to make a ‘Black Eyed Susan’ drink, which is the drink of the Preakness.
It wasn’t exact, I couldn’t find all of the ingredients, but it was a mixture of orange vodka, clear rum, orange juice & fresh pineapple juice. It was quite flavorful, and you couldn’t taste the alcohol, which is always a sign of a good drink.
Below is my version of the recipe, the original recipe is linked above!
Crock Pot Peanut Butter Lava Cake
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup Truvia baking blend
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1/4 cup crunchy peanut butter
1/2 cup skim milk
1 tablespoon unsweetened apple sauce
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 cup Truvia baking blend
1 cup boiling water
Vanilla Ice cream or frozen yogurt
Melted peanut butter
1. Use a 4-quart slow cooker coated well with cooking spray.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 1/4 cup Truvia baking blend, baking powder and salt.
3. In the microwave, melt peanut butters for about 30 seconds, and then add to the mix along with milk, apple sauce and vanilla. Stir really well to combine. Spread this mixture into the bottom of your slow cooker.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together cocoa powder, the remaining 1/4 cup Truvia baking blend, and 1 cup boiling water (be careful!) Pour this evenly over the peanut butter batter in your cooker.
5. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours (or high for 2-4 hours), or until the top has set and an inserted toothpick (into the cake–underneath the cake is molten chocolate) comes out clean. Let the cake sit uncovered in an unplugged crockpot for about 20 minutes, then serve warm in dessert bowls, top with ice cream & melted peanut butter, if desired.
I recommend the ice cream & peanut butter…it’s like the cherry on top.
We all had a really good time, I wish our families were not so far away. I would LOVE for us all to get together more often. Gabriella does too.
She would love to have someone else to stare at the grass with her.
NEW workout coming soon!! I just did it & I think you will really like it.
Any other Preakness watchers out there?? Did you pick a horse? How did you do?
I picked Departing…no idea how it did. Not too well I am guessing.
Favorite crock pot recipe? I need some more, crock pot cooking makes life SO MUCH easier! I have a ton on Pinterest, but would love some recommendations for recipes that you have tried & love.